Diseases That Cockroaches Carry
Cockroaches have a strong secondary role in the spread of few diseases. Since they feed on human excrement and other leftovers of food that humans eat, the health risks of cockroach infestation seem to be those of filth, food contamination and allergic asthma. Cockroaches can carry a list of bacteria, funguses, molds and few of viruses from one place to another. They also carry an amoeba that causes dysentery, another parasite that causes giardiasis and the virus that causes polio.
According to experts, cockroach may be a reservoir for a range of bacteria including salmonella, staphylococcus and streptococcus. These can cause mild throat infections to pneumonia, typhoid to skin diseases and even diarrhea, fever, and abdominal cramps. Due to their feeding and nesting habits, cockroaches can aid in the spread of numerous other diseases.
Proteins (called allergens) found in cockroach feces, saliva and body parts can have serious consequences for our health because they can cause allergic reactions or trigger asthma symptoms, especially in children.
Cockroaches are responsible for the spread 33 kinds of bacteria, including E. coli and Salmonella species, 6 parasitic worms and more than 7 other types of human pathogens.
A qualified and licensed pest control expert can find the type, source and extent of the infestation and use appropriate pesticides to control the cockroaches. Good hygiene practices like frequent house cleaning may decrese the risk of further infestations. You may call Essen Pest Control at 613 804 7378.You may also like to read:
- What do cockroaches eat?
- Cockroaches on the rise in Ottawa?
- Interesting facts about cockroaches
- German cockroach: Facts & Information
- Do Cockroaches Bite? Symptoms & Treatment
- What smell do cockroaches give off?
- Ottawa: 1 in 3 ticks carrying Lyme disease
- What harm can cockroaches do to humans?
- Rat Removal: Solving the Rat Problem
- Getting Rid of Wasp: Wasp Nest Removal
- How to keep your home pest free
- How to get rid of bed bugs
- How to get rid of cockroaches
- How to get rid of mites
- The most dangerous spiders found in Ottawa
- What are Carpenter Ants?